[Samba] Question about ACL.

Meli Marco Marco.Meli at gknsintermetals.com
Mon May 16 14:55:08 GMT 2005

Hi, I running samba-3.0.13-1 connect to W2k3, attr-2.4.19 and acl-2.2.27-1.
I've a strange problem with ACL settings, following the data structure.I
would that user1 could read/write only his personal folder, user1 belongs to
domain users and can reach the user folder but he can't see his personal
folder. I have tried to run setfacl -b (remove all ACL entries) and setup
them again, format the data partition with mkfs xfs ... an mounted it again
but it doesn't works, I have a twin pc installed and on this it works fine.
But the strange matter, is if I connect to the data share and reach the user
folder with smbclient //smbserver/data -Uuser1%*** , I can see the user1
personal folder and it works I expected. Why it works with smbclient but not
with Winodws client? And what can I do to found the problem?
/data [domain users r-x]
	 /user [domain users r-x]
		 /user1 [user1 rwx]
Thanks. Marco.