[Samba] Gigabit Throughput too low

Paul Griffith paulg at cs.yorku.ca
Fri May 13 17:22:58 GMT 2005

Greetings,

Can you post more info on your setup, i.e - configuration of machine,
etc....

I am also looking into Linux network stack tweaks. I have seen my
tweaks posted for GigE, but you have to be careful. You may actually
get a lower throughput.

For example:
 sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_mem='8388608 8388608 8388608'

This tell your kernel it can use

8388608 pages ( a page is 4K on the Intel platform) for all your TCP
currently in use.

so (8388608 * 4096)/1048576 = 32768MB

Take a look at:

http://ipsysctl-tutorial.frozentux.net/ipsysctl-tutorial.html