[Samba] Exchange 5.5 on a Samba Domain - Further Information

Ian Clancy clancyian at cel.ie
Thu May 12 10:06:10 GMT 2005

Guenther Deschner wrote:

> Date:
> Thu, 12 May 2005 10:52:51 +0100

>Hi,
>
>On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 10:29:52AM +0100, Ian Clancy wrote:
>

>>Hi Again,
>>Some further information to add.
>>My samba PDC is running RHEL4 with samba version 3.0.10 (red hat rpm)
>>and OpenLDAP 2.2.13.
>>Exchange 5.5 SP4 Build 2653.23 on NT4 SP6.
>>I have created the Domain user accounts with usrmgr.exe and the smbldap
>>tools with the same results.
>>

>to first concentrate on your Exchange issues: You have to use Samba Version >
>3.0.11 when using Exchange 5.5 on NT4 with a Samba DC. In Samba 3.0.11 there
>have been added a couple of fixes w.r.t Exchange 5.5.
>
>Let us know if an update solves your Exchange-problems. I'm not sure if RedHat
>provides official Samba package updates, you could also use RedHat rpms from
>SerNet.
>
>Hope that helps,
>
>Guenther

Guenther,
I would like to upgrade to the latest version 3.0.14a. Red hat tend to
only update samba when a security vulnerability is discovered so i will
probably have to use the SerNet rpm's. I would have used Sernet rpms
originally but had issues with winbind that i won't go into here.
Does any body percieve any difficult in upgrading from samba version
3.0.10 (red hat rpm) to 3.0.14 SerNet rpm's ?

--
Ian Clancy
IT Systems Engineer

P : ++353 93 23151