[Samba] structuralObjectClass and smbldap-tools

Leonard Tulipan l.tulipan at mpwi.at
Wed May 11 13:27:15 GMT 2005

Sorry, if this has been dealt with before, but I couldn't find it.

I tried installing openldap 2.2 + samba 3. Currently I only have one
install of openldap 2.0 and samba 2.2 running.

Now, it all looks quite good, but the smbldap-tools do not add the
necessary structuralobjectClass entries, so using the tools fails.
I was able to manually change the first populate - which could be
exported as an ldif.
I had a quick look inside the perl scripts, but it looks like one
probably needs to touch ALL of them.

Has anybody done this. Should I revert back to an older openldap version
which doesn't enforce ldap v3 structuralobjectClass?

any tips and pointers are greatly appreciated

Cheers
Leonard