[Samba] Force GID specific number

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Wed May 11 09:22:14 GMT 2005

ons, 11.05.2005 kl. 07.32 skrev Nir B:

> My linux machines are part of NIS domain, I want to move them to work with
> my AD using winbind.
> The clearcase permissions are based on specific GID (50).
> I saw that you define on the smb.conf  "idmap gid = 10000-20000" and all
> your AD gruops GID start at 10000
> Is there any way to force that each user will get GID 50 as one of his
> groups?

If you use LDAP as backend and design and implement your own
tools/scripts, yes (I can put each of my users into whatever and however
many groups I wish). Otherwise I don't see how.

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They'll love us, won't they? They feed us, don't they? ...