[Samba] Group Nesting

Zachary_Reneau at Dell.com Zachary_Reneau at Dell.com
Wed May 11 04:07:35 GMT 2005

Hey all,

Is there a comprehensive how-to on the new group nesting features? I've
found a little bit of info, but nothing that paints a clear picture of
the process. If anyone has any insight or can point me to a tutorial it
would be much appreciated.

I created the local groups and mapped them. Wbinfo and getent all seem
to be working.

I've been trying to do the 'net rpc group addmem domadm "DOM\Domain
Admins"' with no luck. So far I have gotten NO COMMAND: ADDMEM and
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED for my trouble.
I've been using the following links for reference:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-May/086586.html
http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/groupmapping.
html

Thanks,