[Samba] ADS and Samba

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue May 10 16:39:59 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 08:55, Mattier, Ricardo wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm trying to get Solaris running Samba 3.0.9 to join an Active
> Directory Domain.  Are there steps on configuring Kerberos, and using
> the "NET" utility if there is one for Solaris?

Rick,

ADS domain membership requires that Samba-3 be compiled and linked correctly
with OpenLDAP and Kerberos (MIT Kerberos 1.3.4 or later, or Heimdal 0.6.3 or
later).

The steps for joining the domain are outlined in chapter 7 of the book
"Samba-3 by Example" that can be obtained from:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

Enjoy.

PS: A process for building Samba-3 for this purpose can be obtained from:
http://samba.org/~jht/Notes/Samba-Install-Solaris9.txt

- John T.