[Samba] sambaDomainName=DOMAIN for next free id

Geoff Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Mon May 9 03:51:53 GMT 2005

Hi,
I'm following JHT's example doc off the web.  I just applied a patch for the
confiure.pl script for the smbldap-tools that John gave me.  It now makes
the sambaUnixIdPooldn object default to: cn=sambaDomainName=DOMAIN whereas
the output of the configure.pl script given in Chapter 9 of the book is
shown as: sambaDomainName=DOMAIN

I now have the first version of the sambaUnixIdPooldn in my
smbldap-tools.conf file but the second version of the sambaUnixIdPooldn in
Ldap.  If I change what is in the conf file to match what is in ldap will
this come back and bite me later?  I guess that it is more correct to have
cn=sambaDomainName=DOMAIN.

But does it matter?

Regards Geoff Scott