[Samba] the profiles keeps mapping!

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Wed May 4 05:17:15 GMT 2005

tir, 03.05.2005 kl. 20.49 skrev Guido Lorenzutti:

> >>The problem is that i don't know why when a user logs in it gets mapped
> >>a network share of his remote profile. I wan't to stop this.
> >>

> >You mean you want to stop roaming profiles for users?
> >
> >--Tonni
> >

> Nop, i just want to NOT see the "logon drive" on "my pc" on windows. If
> a define
>
> logon drive = G
>
> On windows i have the G: drive with my profile. And...
>
> logon drive =
>
> (nothing)
>
> On windows, i have the Z: drive with my profile.
>
> I just don't wan't the ANY_LETTER: drive mapped on windows.

Oh. Write a logon script for each user, using, for example, 'net use z:
/delete' for each drive letter that's mapped and you don't want to see.
Actually, the profiles share should not be mapped anyway. If you don't
have a profiles share, the profiles will get put in the user's home
directory, which you probably don't want.

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They'll love us, won't they? They feed us, don't they? ...