[Samba] Error when add Samba 3.0.10-1.fc3 to Windows NT Domain

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Thu Mar 31 19:08:00 GMT 2005

Cristian Thiago Moecke:

> I am trying to install a File server using samba on a NT 4.0 domain.
> I will call the domain DOMAIN, the pec PDC, the samba file server SAMBA,
> and so on... :D
>
> The linux is an updated Fedora Core 3, and the samba version is
> 3.0.10-1.fc3
>

> I used SWAT to configure. Here is some lines of my smb.conf:

Sorry, but as soon as you write just that, my mind goes blank.

Next time you come back and write: "I used the official Samba HOWTO
Collection to configure and it didn't work".

Like that's what I mostly did when I first started with Samba, it works,
so I have no particular questions (apart from ACLs, which refuse to work
at all), it all works as documented.

SWAT is only useful for seeing what you have and could have. Never use it
as a shortcut to a configuration.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it ;)

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl