[Samba] pdbedit - question on migration what about mysql?

Luís Miguel Silva lms at ispgaya.pt
Wed Mar 30 23:01:32 GMT 2005

Hello all,

Well, what about mysql? :o)
root at auth /usr/local/samba/bin# ./pdbedit -i mysql
Connecting to database server, host: 192.168.4.36, user: samba, password:
XXXXXXXXX, database: samba, port: 3306
Connecting to database server, host: 192.168.4.36, user: samba, password:
XXXXXXXXX, database: samba, port: 3306
No identifier specified. Check the Samba HOWTO Collection for details
pdb backend mysql did not correctly init (error was
NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER)
Can't initialize passdb backend.
root at auth /usr/local/samba/bin#

PS: when i do a pdbedit -L all the accounts get listed!
PS2: i also want to export onto a ldapsam db :oP

Best,
Luís