[Samba] domain admins group in samba 3.0.7 question

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Mar 28 13:52:44 GMT 2005

> I have a samba 3.0.7 pdc (suse 9.2 pro) and want to automatically add
> the ntadmins group to the local administrators group on each domain
> member workstation. The mydomain/Domain Admins group seems to be added
> automatically to the Administrators group on the local workstation but
> I can't find a way to either map or directly create members of this
> group.
>
> I have looked a the "net groupmap add ..." command but it seems to
> require an existing windows pdc.

What makes you think that?  The command should be
net groupmap add unixgroup="<whatever group name>" ntgroup="<something
else>"

where the unixgroup parameter is the name of the existing unix group to
use and ntgroup is the new name that you want the group to display as in
windows.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.