[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 and ADS

Phil Foxton pfoxton at ebuyer.com
Wed Mar 16 08:03:42 GMT 2005

I am having a bit of a problem and hope someone on here can help (if it
has been covered already please feel free to point me in the right
direction - I have searched and searched but found nothing!)

Setup:
Linux box : Debian Sarge using Samba 3.0.10-Debian
windows Box : Windows 2003 SBS acting as ADS master.

I ran through the setup instruction and can connect from the linux box
to the windows box (using smbclient -k)

Problems

Using wbinfo -u I get a list of the windows users (but no domain
prepended)
Using wbinfo -g I get a list of the windows groups (again no domain
prepended)
If I try to connect to a samba share (or browse the linux box) from the
windows box I get the authentication dialogue and it won't let me go any
further.
I am unable to assign windows users and groups permissions to files on
the linux box.

Configs:

/etc/krb5.conf
[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
 default_realm = EBUYER.SHE
 dns_lookup_realm = true
 dns_lookup_kdc = true

[realms]
 EBUYER.SHE = {
  kdc = srv2003.ebuyer.she:88
  admin_server = srv2003.ebuyer.she:749
  default_domain = ebuyer.she
 }

[domain_realm]
 .ebuyer.she = EBUYER.SHE
 ebuyer.she = EBUYER.SHE

[kdc]
 profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]
 pam = {
   debug = false
   ticket_lifetime = 36000