[Samba] Re: probleman adding user

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Mar 15 02:21:46 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 10:58 -0500, Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:
> On Saturday 12 March 2005 03:33 am, Jim C. wrote:
> > | Good Morning,
> > | I'm adding user mdonada in the smbldap-useradd -a -m mdonada, but
> > | probleman:
> > | [root at divide home]# smbldap-useradd -a -m mdonada
> > | Can't call method "get_value" on an undefined value at
> > | /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd line 170, <DATA> line 283.
> > | [root at divide home]#
>
> In case you didn't figure this out yet, it's because the -m switch indicates
> that you are adding a machine account, and expects a $.  If you are in fact
> trying to add a user account, you need to leave the -m off.  Try
> "smbldap-useradd -h" to see all of the available switches.
----
No
'-m' option is generally correct
'-w' is for workstation

you probably should have consulted the 'help' funtion before posting...

# smbldap-useradd --help
/usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd version [unknown] calling Getopt::Std::getopts
(version 1.05 [paranoid]),
running under Perl version 5.8.5.

Usage: smbldap-useradd [-OPTIONS [-MORE_OPTIONS]] [--]
[PROGRAM_ARG1 ...]

The following single-character options are accepted:
        With arguments: -o -G -u -g -d -s -c -k -A -B -C -D -E -F -H -M
-N -S -T
        Boolean (without arguments): -a -n -m -w -i -P -?

Options may be merged together.  -- stops processing of options.
Space is not required between options and their arguments.

For more details run
        perldoc -F /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd
  [Now continuing due to backward compatibility and excessive paranoia.
   See ``perldoc Getopt::Std'' about
$Getopt::Std::STANDARD_HELP_VERSION.]
(c) IDEALX 2004 (http://www.idealx.com)- Licenced under GPL
Usage: /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd [-awmugdsckABCDEFGHMNPST?] username
  -o    add the user in the organazional unit (relative to the user
suffix)
  -a    is a Windows User (otherwise, Posix stuff only)
  -w    is a Windows Workstation (otherwise, Posix stuff only)
  -i    is a trust account (Windows Workstation)
  -u    uid
  -g    gid
  -G    supplementary comma-separated groups
  -n    do not create a group
  -d    home
  -s    shell
  -c    gecos
  -m    creates home directory and copies /etc/skel
  -k    skeleton dir (with -m)
  -P    ends by invoking smbldap-passwd
  -A    can change password ? 0 if no, 1 if yes
  -B    must change password ? 0 if no, 1 if yes
  -C    sambaHomePath (SMB home share, like '\\PDC-SRV\homes')
  -D    sambaHomeDrive (letter associated with home share, like 'H:')
  -E    sambaLogonScript (DOS script to execute on login)
  -F    sambaProfilePath (profile directory, like '\\PDC-SRV\profiles
\foo')
  -H    sambaAcctFlags (samba account control bits like '[NDHTUMWSLKI]')
  -N    canonical name
  -S    surname
  -M    local mailAddress (comma seperated)
  -T    mailToAddress (forward address) (comma seperated)
  -?    show this help message

Craig