[Samba] Domain Control

IslandBwoy IslandBwoy at ToughGuy.net
Wed Mar 9 22:17:45 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I have a simple problem that i cant seem to figure out.  Right now i have
most of my confs in place to join my samba server to my Active Directory
Domain.  The problem is, is that i would like for the samba server to be
added as a workstation and not a domain controller.  However when i browse
my AD tree i see that it has been added with the role of domain controller
no matter what i do.  Right now i have my samba.conf file stripped down to
the following:

[global]
 netbios name = my.server.name
 workgroup = workgroup
realm = MYREALM.NET
security = ADS
encrypt passwords = yes

#ThE following was added to rectify the problem
preferred master = no
domain master = no
local master = no

Thats it!  How do i get my samba server to join the domain without
activating it as a domain controller?

R.