[Samba] ADS question

Marcus Franke marcus.franke at gmx.net
Wed Mar 9 09:00:40 GMT 2005

Am Mittwoch, den 09.03.2005, 08:43 +0100 schrieb Marcus Franke:
> Greetings,
>
> I managed to join my samba server into my ActiveDirectory domain.
>
> wbinfo -g or -u shows the groups and users in my Windows domain.
>
> But how do I use it for granting or denying access to my shares?

Ok,

did some further investigations and found the following:

[public]
comment = Backup Verzeichnis
path = /mnt/backup
admin users = DOMAIN+Administrator, root
valid users = DOMAIN+Administrator, root

The administrator of my Windows domain now should be able
to access the "public" share. But when I try to access the
box I am asked for a username and a password.

I found, that getent passwd and group does not list the
domain users and groups, just my local users and groups
from /etc/passwd and /etc/groups.

Am I doing something completely wrong? I used the doc from:
http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/unixclients.html#ch9-adssdm

Marcus