[Samba] PGina & Samba

Jay B Knotts jbk at paragonsys.com
Wed Mar 9 01:22:00 GMT 2005

I'm currently using pGina with LDAP for authentication.
For the purpose of bypassing Window's authentication.

It's been working very well.
The problem to overcome is the fact that LDAP authentication
is via "userPassword" field in ldap schema but Window's SMB/CIFS uses
The sambaNTPassword samba field for authentication. Bummer.

I've worked around this issue via Linux scripts but
pGina may have a plugin that addresses this issue directly.

jay