[Samba] SMBD loading CPU

Mark Frayling mark.frayling at asa.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 12:11:08 GMT 2005

Hi

I am running samba Version 2.2.8a-SuSE on a SuSE Linux 9.0 box.

It has dual 700MHz CPU's and 512MB RAM

It is used as a file server, serving files to Win XP and Win 2k users.

I have noticed it is using between 30% and 75% of CPU usage per smbd session, which slows the
network to a grind.

I thought samba and smbd used very little of the CPU.  Is tehre anything i can do to reduce this ?

Thanks

--Mark

This communication is confidential to the intended recipient(s). If you are not that person you are not permitted to make use of the information and you are requested to notify the sender immediately of its receipt then destroy the copy in your possession. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the originator and may not represent those of Advanced System Architectures Ltd.

*** This Email Has Been Virus Checked ***