[Samba] lost passdb, workstations lost trust relation ship

Nicolas Kowalski Nicolas.Kowalski at imag.fr
Mon Mar 7 17:08:06 GMT 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Nicolas Kowalski wrote:

> After a catastrophic disk failure, I restored all the contents of
> /var/lib/samba of our Samba 3.0.11 PDC (debian 3.0).

To add some information, we are using tdbsam as password database:

/etc/samba/smb.conf:

        passdb backend = tdbsam guest

Another thing I do not understand is: if I make the workstations join
the domain again, it works, however the passdb.tdb file seems to not be
updated (file mtime not changed), but the contents readable from pdbedit
-L -v looks good.

--
Nicolas