[Samba] winbind 3.0.11 breaks winbind trust if netbios disabled?

Tim sambalist at darkgate.net
Fri Mar 4 14:33:48 GMT 2005

Hi all.

I've just upgraded from 3.0.7 to 3.0.11 and now my server can no longer
establish a trust relationship with the domain controllers.  It appears
to be because we have netbios turned off (in config: disable netbios = yes).

I was getting this error:

trusted_domains: Could not open a connection to DBG for PIPE_NETLOGON (NT_STATUS
_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NOT_FOUND

...so I searched the list archives and found Jerry's patch:

http://www.samba.org/~jerry/patches/post-3.0.11/winbind_find_dc_v2.patch

But still I'm having no joy.  I have a different error now:

ads: trusted_domains
got ldap server name loneswdbp4 at DBG.ADS.XXX.COM, using bind path:
dc=DBG,dc=ADS,dc=XXX,dc=COM
IPC$ connections done anonymously
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=114)
got OID=1 2 840 48018 1 2 2
got OID=1 2 840 113554 1 2 2
got OID=1 2 840 113554 1 2 2 3
got OID=1 3 6 1 4 1 311 2 2 10
got principal=loneswdbp4$@DBG.ADS.XXX.COM
Doing kerberos session setup
Ticket in ccache[MEMORY:cliconnect] expiration Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:27:27 GMT
failed tcon_X with NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Are there any other patches I need to apply?

I really need to upgrade because of the security vulnerabilities, and I
I'm not allowed to turn netbios back on.

Any/all ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim.