[Samba] Request to update slapd.conf and OpenLDAP info for Samba-Guide/happy.html

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Mar 2 15:16:16 GMT 2005

Gavin,

The book "Samba-3 by Example" was written at the time Samba-3.0.2 was just
released. At that time (February 2004) the version of OpenLDAP that were
shipping on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server and on Red Hat Enterprise Linux used
ldbm.

I agree entirely that this needs to be updated, in fact, it is necessary also
to update all references to the smbldap-tools as well as many other subtle
factors that have changed in Samba between Samba-3.0.2 and 3.0.12 (the soon
to be released version).

I will update the entire book at the first opportunity I get. If you wish to
submit patches I would be most appreciative.

Cheers,
John T.

--
John H Terpstra