[Samba] can print test page in the redhat, but can't print through the samba share print,why?

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 11:35:49 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 15:24 +0800, gzis at ek-chor-cn.com wrote:
>     i can print test page in the redhat, but when i use the samba shared
> printer to print test page,
>
> it is said "test page failed to print"  why?

I had this recently, try to follow your samba log file (tail
-f /var/log/samba/samba.log on my box) and print from a windows box, and
you will see that there is an access denied (or similar) on a directory
when a samba user tries to print. Just adjust the permissions on it and
you're good to go.
PS. I am assuming you already have the drivers etc set up.