[SAMBA] Documentation Licence question.

Molot molotster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:08:10 GMT 2005

> Thank-you for contacting us regarding your desires in respect of Samba
> documentation.
>
> I am the author of the book "Samba-3 by Example" and a lead author of the book
> "The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide".
>
> Both books have been released under the terms of the GPL
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

> These books are being printed by Prentice Hall (Addison Wesley). Within the
> next few days a new electronic book (the Samba Compendium) will be released
> also by Osoft. This new book will consist of the two existing books plus
> additional materials (about 1500 pages in total), but it will be published
> only in electronic form. The contents of the second book are also all
> released under the terms of the GPL.
And the Samba Compendium seem to be exactly what I need.

> I would prefer if you would purchase the books that you consider of value,
I would prefer that too, if only they were translated to my national
language (Polish) and available in my country. Purchasing them now in
the other country is useless for me today, as I have to finish my work
before I can get it that way. Also, it is 2 to 3 times more expensive,
and I'm only a poor student (working hard to be a rich student ;>).
If my university will pay me for the job I'm doing (in Poland it is
problematic matter), I'll purchase Samba Compendium on paper... If
not... Sorry.

--
Advocatus Diaboli - someone should do this job.

some kind of Molot
some kind of monster ;)

jid:molot at mruk.net
alt mailto:molot at mruk.net