[Samba] WinXP Crashes

Gerard Seibert gerard-seibert at suscom.net
Tue Jun 28 01:36:15 GMT 2005

I have Samba 3.0.14a installed on a computer running FreeBSD version 5.4.
I also have two other computers that are running WinXP with all updates,
service packs, etc.

This is a very simple configuration with no domains, etc.

Now, when I open "My Network Places" and hover the mouse over an icon for
the Samba network or one of its shares, within a few moments Internet
Explorer will crash. This is the message:

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. I then get
the option of sending a report to Microsoft about the problem. The Dr.
Watson program does record the incident, but I lack the skill to be able
to decipher the error file.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of behavior or have a suggestion as
to how I might correct it?

--
Thanks

Gerard Seibert