[Samba] unknown auth type 9

Don Watson dwwatson at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 27 09:20:35 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have the dreaded "unknown auth type 9 requested" error while trying to join
my samba domain from Windows2003.  This is followed by "Error: modifications
require authentication at /usr/local/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm" while attempting
to add the machine user to the ldap database.

In the archives I have found that "unknown auth type" was a known problem
which should have been fixed in 3.0.14a.  I am running 3.0.15pre2 on SLES9.
The client is running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition, with
Service Pack 1.

Is it possible I have something misconfigured (unconfigured?) in smb.conf?
--
Don Watson