[Samba] I NEED LINUX/W2K LAN ASSISTANCE

JV171Seis at aol.com JV171Seis at aol.com
Thu Jun 23 16:10:33 GMT 2005

In a message dated 6/23/2005 2:09:42 PM W. Central Africa Standard T,
pgienger at ae-solutions.com writes:

> I  am challenged to bring up a 5 nodes Linux/w2k small LAN and   following
> samba server step by step by Ying Zhang to implement  this.

I suggest you follow the official documentation on  www.samba.org  It is
anybody's guess what you are looking at  now.

> inetd.conf that should contain a line like:
>
> swat stream tcp nowait: 400root/user/sbintcp swath

If you're  using a recent linux distro, then you are probably using a version
of  xinetd, which will need a file created in /etc/xinetd.d/ for the  service.
Use the others in there as a template.  Alternatively you  could just install
the package for samba, and depending on your distro,  which you did not list,
you may have to install swat as a separate  package.

Thank so much.

Regards
Francis