[Samba] SMS 2003 and Samba

Kristyan Osborne kris at longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk
Wed Jun 15 11:25:15 GMT 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has played with Microsoft's SMS 2003? I've got
a Samba 3 PDC using an LDAP backend, and a Windows 2003 server running
SMS 2003. The SMS 2003 setup moans that it cannot verify the service
account in the domain. Its reasons are it cannot connect to the domain
as either the user account does not have access to the domain or the
domain controller is down. I know the PDC is up and running and I have
logged in as root to prove that I have full access.

I was wondering if this is a Samba compatibility issue or whether it's
something else.

Cheers

Kristyan Osborne - IT Technician
Longhill High School
01273 391672 / 304086

-------
Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working properly if you
open windows.
Win95:       A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
             8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
             2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.