[Samba] Re: Problems with Samba and Windows 2003 Active DomainServer

Mark A. Holm markh at infoarch.com
Fri Jun 10 07:14:29 GMT 2005

The one over whelming theme that I keep running across with my Linux installations is that you cannot deploy the packages that come
with the distributions. Which always makes me wonder why the packages exist in the first place, if you can't make them work in a
real environment.

The steps that I am doing, follow both what you did and each of the different tutorials I found, with the exception of compiling the
Samba packages from source. Has anybody been able to make this work using the distributed packages from the Fedora distribution or
SuSE? This installation was my first test to see how easy/hard this was going to be. I have another client that is looking at
deploying approximately 200 workstations. If I have to hand compile each new machine, these will take a lot longer to deploy, even
with scripting and a centralized distribution server.

	markh