[Samba] Re: [idx-smbldap-tools ] smbldap-tools and joining workstation to domain - fix patches

Andres Toomsalu andres at active.ee
Mon Jun 6 06:59:57 GMT 2005

Patches for smbldap-tools v0.8.8 and v0.9.1 to fix workstation domain
joining with "smbldap-useradd -w '%u'"

With these patches workstation domain joining works for me.  There is no
need to make computer account first - workstation will make it
automatically during joining process.  Inside these patches
sambaNTPassword attribute initial value is set to 'kala' - workstation
will overwrite that value during joining process - so no need to worry.
It has to be set at start because sambaNTPassword entry is needed for
automatic one-step error free joining and sambaNTPassword entry can't be
empty when adding inital entry set to ldap.

Download links for these patches are:
http://www.active.ee/download/smbldap-useradd-0.8.8.diff
http://www.active.ee/download/smbldap-useradd-0.9.1.diff

Cheers,

Andres Toomsalu, andres at active.ee
juhataja - general manager, OÜ Active Systems
Lille 4-205, Pärnu 80041, phone +372 44 70 595
GSM +372 56 496 124, IM: frame at jabber.org
http://www.active.ee