[Samba] Counting the number of simultaneous logins

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Fri Jun 3 14:06:37 GMT 2005

Hi,

How can we count the number of simultaneous logins for each user in
Samba RELIABLY?
In my setup, I have several Windows domain clients each with a Citrix
client installed in it. Windows clients are in a different subnet than
the Citrix server. There is a Samba3 BDC in the subnet of the windows
clients which they use to login to the domain. But when the user
connects to Citrix for applications using the same domain
authentication, login occurs at the Samba3 PDC. The situation is that
the windows client has logged into the BDC, but the Citrix connection
inside of the windows client has logged into the PDC. If I know how to
count the number of simultaneous logins for each user, then using the
patch given in http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~harper/samba/domain.html
(Thanks Harper), I could run a shell script on the domain logon server
during user's last logout to sync the different shares for that user.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks,
Prakash