[Samba] migration to new server

Richard Houston rhouston at rlhc.net
Wed Jul 27 20:54:54 GMT 2005

Hi all,

Hope this has not been asked and answered.

I have a need to migrate our current Fedora Core 1 / samba 3.0.7 server to
Fedora Core 3 / Samba server 3.0.10. we currently have the FC1 system
acting as a PDC for 20 windows XP clients. I figured that I might be able
to copy the /etc/samba Dir /etc/passwd /etc/groups files and the
/var/cache/samba Dir , location of the tdb files, to the new server. Is
this correct? If not please let me know what I need to do or if this is
even possible.

Basically I want to replace the FC1 samba server with the FC3 samba server
with as little as possible work on the client side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Rich Houston