[Samba] Samba + Netatalk troubles

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Wed Jul 27 18:20:28 GMT 2005

I've got a file server running both Samba and Netatalk ([OT] which are
two programs that dearly need to be rolled into one).  I've *tried* to
configure it to minimize problems between the two, but I've run into a
problem where users can't delete folders that contain, e.g.,
.AppleDouble folders in them.  When I try from smbclient, I get:

NT_STATUS_DIRECTORY_NOT_EMPTY removing remote directory file \test

Isn't this the problem that the "delete veto files" parameter is
supposed to fix?

Here's the appropriate excerpt from my smb.conf file:

[home]
root preexec = /usr/local/samba/scripts/mkhome '%U'
comment = Home directories
inherit permissions = no
path = %H
directory mask = 0700
guest ok = 0
read only = no
create mask = 0600
browseable = yes
veto files = /.AppleDouble/.bin/.AppleDesktop/Network Trash
Folder/TheFindByCont
entFolder/TheVolumeSettingsFolder/Temporary Items/.AppleDB/
vfs objects = netatalk
delete veto files = yes

Does anyone have any ideas?

Chris St. Pierre