[Samba] Samba vs ActiveDirectory Kerberos error message

James McDonald james at jamesmcdonald.id.au
Fri Jul 22 13:47:55 GMT 2005

I have had the same issue as this in a Windows 2003 SBS Domain using Samba Version 3.0.14a-Debian.

Under this weblink do a search for 0x19
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/tkerberr.mspx#EDAA

Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of MIT Kerberos

I downloaded, compiled and installed krb5-1.4.1 from http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/ and it appears to have stopped the error. I will have to check my logs in the coming days because this fix is very new it may have reduced it or just delayed it.

Pre-authentication failed:
      User Name:            linux$
      User ID:              KK\linux$
      Service Name:               krbtgt/KK.LOCAL
      Pre-Authentication Type:  0x0

      Failure Code:               0x19
      Client Address:             1.2.3.4
--
A billion here, a billion there -- pretty soon it adds up to real money.
		-- Sen. Everett Dirksen, on the U.S. defense budget