[Samba] migrate existing Unix password to sambapassword

Taolizhong a12zengl at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 02:20:20 GMT 2005

Hello --

Our existing Unix system has more than 500 users. The system currently uses OpenLDAP to authenticate users. We just added dozens of PCs running Windows to the network.  We are going to set up the existing Unix server as a samba PDC server such that the users can log onto either their Unix account or Windows account. It seems a good idea to allow the users have the same password for their new Windows account as that for their existing Unix account. I wonder if there is any way to accomplish this, especially automatically.

Thanks,

--Lingtao