[Samba] Performance about ldapsam:trusted parameter

spu at corman.be spu at corman.be
Thu Jul 14 08:14:13 GMT 2005

Hi,

today, my nscd server has been died, I don't know what has been happened
but if the nscd server not run, the main smbd process up to 99% CPU and the
network is very slow.  I restarted the nscd server and all work fine.

Now, samba team have implemented the parameter ldapsam:trusted and I would
like to know if the performances are identical to nscd server.
 I ask this question by supposing that the fact of not using PAM and NSS,
causes to not use nscd serverwhich cause problem.

It's a old nscd server (RedHat 8.0)

Thanks in advance for your answer.

      Stéphane Purnelle

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467