[Samba] Printserver

Terry Orgill terry at stribus.com
Mon Jul 11 19:15:44 GMT 2005

I’m putting together a system with redundant servers and failover.  I
had a brainstorm that several printers could be shared by both servers
through a Ethernet printserver.  The thing works beautifully from
windows.  Browses just like a network pc.  When I try to use it from
linux if just refuses to work.  If I use smbclient –L it comes back with
“got a positive name query response from 0.0.0.0 (192.168.1.254) three
times, and prompts for a password.  Hit enter and it shows no shares.
If you browse it in windows it does show shares.  The thing is made by
Airlink and has two parallel and one usb ports.  Is there a trick to
making this thing work (I already called Airlink tech support and they
were no help) or is there a better product out there that will work?