[Samba] Samba as a BDC for W2K3

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Thu Jul 7 21:43:07 GMT 2005

Hello,

After having read a bunch of documentation on Samba's site, I guess the answer
is "no", but here comes my question anyway.

What I have:
- A central office with a Windows 2003 Server with Active Directory
- A foreign office, where I will set up a Samba server
- Every client is a Windows XP Professional, in both offices
- A 512 Kbps VPN that links the two offices

I'd like the Samba server to join the same domain the Windows 2003 is and I'd
like the clients in the remote office to log on against the Samba server (so I
need the Samba server to be a AD domain controller). Is it possible yet? Will
it be possible in a near future? :-?

Thank you.