[Samba] Unable to get recycle to work

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Mon Jul 4 16:57:03 GMT 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 10:27, Liz Ackerman wrote:
> I have this one remaining issue before I can declare my Samba rollout to be
> successful.  I have been trying to implement the recycle feature.  My
> server is a Dell Intel, with Redhat Enterprise 3.0 Linux and Samba 3.0.14
> (I believe I have all the string and the periods in the right place).
>
> Here is the recycle configuration I have for a share, as my test:

Validate the path to the location of the recycle.so file from your smbd binary
as shown here:

	smbd -b | grep LIBDIR

The output should be: LIBDIR: /usr/lib/samba

Then locate the recycle.so file in the directory /usr/lib/samba/vfs/
i.e., in a subdirectory of the LIBDIR called 'vfs'

The following modifications should make it work:

> [contractors]
> comment = Contractors database files
> path = /database/contractors
> writeable = yes
> guest ok = yes
> vfs object = /usr/lib/samba/vfs/recycle.so
> vfs options = /etc/samba/recycle.conf

vfs object = recycle:recycle
recycle:repository = .deleted
recycle:keeptree = Yes
recycle:touch = Yes
recycle:versions = No

> ;recycle:repository = .deleted
> ;recycle:keeptree = Yes
> ;recycle:touch = Yes
> ;recycle:versions = No
> create mask = 0777
> directory mask = 0777
> force group = everyone
> oplocks = no
> level2 oplocks = no
> blocking locks = no
> locking = no
> strict locking = no
> share modes = no
> veto oplock files = /*.mdb/*.ldb/*.mde/
>
> I have also tried entering the options in the smb.conf instead of using the
> recycle.conf file, as you can see

Let me know if you still have a problem.

Cheers,
John T.
--
John H Terpstra