[Samba] Samba interface for administrative tools

Rhys Goodwin rhys.goodwin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 06:59:08 GMT 2005

Hey Guys,
 It seems to me that the very best place to store all samba conf options is
in the ldap dir. I got all excited when I was taking a look at the samab3
schema and saw the sambaConfigOption objectclass, found out that is not
implimented yet. Maybe Im being a bit narrow minded to assume that everyone
is using an ldap back end? I like the idea of being able to whip up a very
tidy windows based (MMC?) samba console and requiring only ldap connection
to the server and be able to FULLY control samba. Perhaps smbd could be
setup to be quite particular about when and how it would reaload options
from the directory?
 Hope Im not on a different wave length to the rest of you! :)
Cheers,
Rhys