[Samba] Domain Users and smbldap-useradd

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri Jul 1 21:51:06 GMT 2005

linuxlady schrieb:
>>No, users can be in other groups you created, like "somecity",
>>"firstgroup" etc. - that's why the groups are, right? :)
>
> Yes, but do users have to be in the group "Domain Users" for samba to
> work properly?

no.
I have users grouped in "CityName1", "CityName2" etc. (users from each
city are in different groups), and everything works fine.
Of course, it may depend on your setup - if you have some programs or
scripts, that require the user to be a member of "Domain Users"... but I
didn't see such a program (which doesn't mean they don't exist).

> And in practice, is the default group for the user, "Domain Users"?

Depends on which tools you use for adding users, but it would be a
logical choice.

--
Tomek
WPKG - automated software deployment with Samba