[Samba] Using OID as Samba3 backend

Alex Canizales alcaniza at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 17:08:38 GMT 2005

> You'd have to have the Oracle LDAP administrator add the correct Samba
> schema to the Oracle LDAP server. This might be problematic, as he'd
> have to write it himself (if that's at all possible, I don't know Oracle
> Internet Directory). He could use the examples in the Linux Samba
> distribution document directory for IBM-DS, IBMSecureWay, or nescape4 or
> 5, as well as the OpenLDAP schema, of course.

Well, first, already the domain it's working, the schema was created, and
other problems was solved, i can join machines to domain, log in to them,
and assign privileges using ldap groups into OID. Right now the problem is
only when i change the password from windows dialog box, even when i change
the password from smbladp-password command it's works fine.

> This will not help you for two reasons: 1: it's an OpenLDAP server ACL
> and is only applicable to the server configuration; 2: it only gives
> read access anyway.

At the second point, the OID have the way to put ACL's  at the rootDSE level
too, not in way of the OpenLDAP, on text plain file, it's trough the
oidadmin console or using ldapmodify command and i'd have put this exactly.

I need to know which is the difference between the passwod change from
smbldap-password and the password change from windows dialog box in order to
put the privileges in the correct place. I believe that the problem is
because it's trying to access at some attribute in other level when is
execute from windows.

thanks for reply