[Samba] Migrate smbpasswd from one instance to the other

Peter Weiss Peter.Weiss at ConSol.de
Fri Jul 1 13:06:46 GMT 2005

Hello,

is there a safe way to copy smbpasswd file from one instance to the
other.?

What we did was to copy the file and run syncsmbpasswd from HP 2.21
distribution. But this has a somehow 50% chance of success. It seemed that
entries more than a year old could not be successfully migrated.

Background: We're migrating from an old self build samba (Version 1.9.18) to
HP CIFS Server 2.2l.

TIA -- Peter

--
Peter.Weiss at consol.de                         ConSol* Software GmbH
Phone  +49 89 45841-100                       Consulting & Solutions