[Samba] LDAP and memberUid in Domain Users

Randy Starr randy_starr at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 17:37:46 GMT 2005

>From: Jerome Tournier <jerome.tournier at idealx.com>
>To: samba at lists.samba.org
>Subject: Re: [Samba] LDAP and memberUid in Domain Users
>Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:57:13 +0100
>
>Le Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:41:24AM +0100, Randy Starr a ecrit:
> > Using usrmgr.exe I have small problem with memberrUid field. When I add
>new
> > user to a domain, the memberUid field with the name of this users is
>added
> > to Domain Users. But when I delete this user, the memberUid field with
>his
> > name isn't removed from Domain Users. I think that is a small bug in
>samba,
> > because, when I use smbldap-userdel from command line, the field is
>removed.
> > Can anybody confirm or negate this information. For the first time I
> > thought, that is a problem with access in LDAP, but I analysed openldap
> > log, and didn't find any error.
>Do you have the following entries in smb.conf :
>-=-=-=
>delete user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
>delete user from group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u"
>"%g"
>-=-=-=
>?

Yes, I have.
It's strange for me, that removed user isn't visible under usrmgr.exe as
members of  Domain Users (it's good), but when I do "slapcat", I can see:

cn	Domain Users
gidNumber	513
objectClass	posixGroup
objectClass	sambaGroupMapping
sambaGroupType	2
sambaSID	S-1-5-21-1771745803-971260854-622856654-513
description	Netbios Domain Users
displayName	Domain Users
memberUid	removed_user_1
memberUid	removed_user_2