[Samba] Re: SAMBA + OPENLDAP - Getent - Please help :)

Choudary Mumtaz asadmumtaz1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 14:40:34 GMT 2005

Fellows:
              I am still stuck with getent part. As I mentioned previously, nss_ldap-207-2.i386.rpm (which came with RedHat  3) gave me segmentation fault, so I have configured nss_ldap-232 from the padl site. I have used the following configure parameters:
configure --with-ldap-lib=openldap --with-ldap-conf-file=/etc --with-ldap-dir=
/usr --enable-schema-mapping=yes
              OpenLDAP openldap-2.2.20 is configured as:
configure --prefix=/usr --enable-slapd --enable-ldbm=yes --enable-ldap=yes --e
nable-dnssrv --enable-hdb --enable-dyngroup --enable-slurpd --with-cyrus-sasl=no
 --with-tls=no --enable-ipv6=no --enable-crypt=yes --enable-passwd=yes  --enable
-dyngroup=yes

               Samba samba-3.0.10 is configured as:
configure --enable-cups --with-ldap  --with-smbmount --with-quotas --with-winb
ind --with-ldapsam

              ldap.conf configuration is as follows:
#SIZELIMIT 12
#TIMELIMIT 15
DEREF never
host 192.168.1.198
base dc=mercurytechs,dc=com
binddn cn=Manager,dc=XXXXXXX,dc=com
bindpw XXXXXXX
pam_password exop
nss_base_passwd ou=People,dc=XXXXXXX,dc=com?sub
nss_base_shadow ou=People,dc=XXXXXXX,dc=com?sub
nss_base_group ou=Groups,dc=XXXXXX,dc=com?sub

         pdbedit -Lv lists all the users. slapcat does list all the accounts and groups. I can query the ldap database using ldapsearch, but getent doesn't give me any output at all. Please let me know, where may be a possible mistake.
          Thank you.

Choudary Mumtaz <asadmumtaz1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

I am not able to download the attached file. May you please send me another copy? Also, I have switched to nss_ldap-207-2.i386.rpm and now I get a segmentation error when I do
getent --service=ldap passwd
May someone please point me to the right direction?
Thank you.

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
Jim C.:

> |>Yes. I have followed the instructions from the book, and I have also
> | will cost you both time and sweat .(
>

> Heck, I'd be ecstatic if I could just get a schema file patch for
> posixGroups that appropriately support dn syntax.

For me the standard Openldap nis.schema (posix) and samba3 schema work
o.k. - of did I have to change the samba3 schema? My working one's
attached.

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl--