[Samba] Inherit permissions question (Please help)

David Wilson dave at dcdata.co.za
Tue Jan 25 12:03:23 GMT 2005

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply and the information.
Will the "s"-Bit cause all new files that are written by a "Domain Admin" to
the user1/ folder to be owned by "user1" ?

My problem is that "Domain Admins" can write to users' folders in the
[userprofile] share but then the respective user who owns the folder can't
access the new data in it.
The "inherit permisions" would solve my problem except that it does not
allow user/group ownership to be passed down onto files.
Any ideas ? :)

Thank you for your help so far.

Kindest regards
David Wilson
D c D a t a
Tel +27 33 342 7003
Fax +27 33 345 4155
Cell +27 82 4147413
http://www.dcdata.co.za
support at dcdata.co.za
Powered by Linux, driven by passion !

"Computers are not intelligent. They only think they are."