[Samba] Re: Problems when using cupsaddsmb

PROD'HOMME Nicolas DDSC SDAM BSI nicolas.prod-homme at interieur.gouv.fr
Mon Jan 24 19:42:12 GMT 2005

Hello.

Sorry, i have no solution for this.
Just the same bug

My System :
Debian SARGE (3.1)
samba-3.0.10-1
cups-1.1.23-2

/Password for root required to access localhost via SAMBA:
//Running command: rpcclient localhost -N -U'root%pw' -c 'setdriver
//HP4050 HP4050'
//Succesfully set HP4050 to driver HP4050.

Somebody help, please .

/>Hello,

>doesn't anybody of you have a possible solution for this? I have tried
>all day long and even bought a book about samba and cups  but I still
>receive the wrong output when running cupsaddsmb -a -v.
>
>Regards,
>
>Fabian
>

>Fabian Steiner wrote:
>
>>/ Hi!
/>>/
/>>/ First of all, I have to admit that it is my first post on this list,
/>>/ so please be lenied toward me, if I don't obey some of the rules ;-)
/>>/ I'll try my best :-)
/>>/
/>/> I am just trying to get my samba-server work as a print server by
/>>/ using CUPS. The OS of the server is Gentoo Linux and I'm using
>> //samba-3.0.9-r1. The clients are win 2k/xp home. I can already see my
>> //shares (files and drivers) in the windows networking neighbourhood,
>> //but unfortunately the configuration of the printer (Lexmark 3200)
>> //fails, since windows is looking for some *.inf files which cannot be
>> //found. Printing on the server is possible, though (using the lpr
>> //-plexmark test.text command).
>> //When looking for some tutorials about this, I found this one:
>> //http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=110931 , which said that
>> //cups-samba-5.0rc3.tar.gz  would have to be installed and that**
>> //cupsaddsmb -a -v -U root  would be the command I am looking for. So I
>> //installed it and three files were copied to the
>> ///usr/share/cups/drivers directory. The next thing to be done was to
>> //run the command above, but the output isn't as expected:
>> //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/>>/
>> //Password for root required to access localhost via SAMBA:
>> //Running command: rpcclient localhost -N -U'root%pw' -c 'setdriver
>> //lexmark lexmark'
>> //Succesfully set lexmark to driver lexmark.
>> //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/>>/
/>>/
>> //So no directories like W32X86 were created in /var/lib/samba/printers
>> //and my clients still can't find the files which would be needed to get
>> //the printer work.
>> //Here is my /etc/samba/smb.conf:
/>>/
>> //#======================= Global Settings
>> //=====================================
>> //[global]
/>>/
/>>/
>> //workgroup = milchstrasse
>> //server string = Samba-Server %v
>> //printcap name = cups
>> //load printers = yes
>> //printing = cups
>> //printer admin = root
>> //log file = /var/log/samba3/log.%m
>> //max log size = 100
>> //hosts allow = 192.168.0. 192.168.1. 127.
>> //security = user
>> //encrypt passwords = yes
>> //smb passwd file = /var/lib/samba/private/smbpasswd
>> //passdb backend = tdbsam
/>>/
/>>/
/>>/
>> //#============================ Share Definitions
>> //==============================
>> //[homes]
>> //comment = Home Directories
>> //browseable = no
>> //writable = yes
>> //public = no
/>>/
>> //[printers]
>> //comment = All Printers
>> //path = /var/spool/samba # rwx-rwx-rwx
>> //browseable = no
>> //public = yes
>> //guest ok = yes
>> //writable = no
>> //printable = yes
>> //printer admin = root,user
/>>/
>> //[print$]
>> //path = /var/lib/samba/printers
>> //browseable = yes
>> //read only = yes
>> //write list = @adm root
>> //guest ok = no
/>>/
>> //[lexmark]
>> //comment = MeinLexmark3200Drucker
>> //printable = yes
>> //path = /var/spool/samba # rwx-rwx-rwx
>> //public = yes
>> //guest ok = yes
>> //printer admin = root,user
/>>/
>> //[public]
>> //comment = oeffentliches zeug
>> //path = /home/samba/public
>> //public = yes
>> //writable = yes
>> //; write list = @staff
/>>/
/>>/
>> //Does anybody of you know the reason for this problem with cupsaddsmb
>> //and the fact that directories like W32X86 are not ceated? I am really
>> //looking forward to your answers!
/>>/
>> //Regards,
/>>/