[Samba] Upgrading samba.schema post 3.0.6

David Landgren landgren at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 11:01:00 GMT 2005

List,

I upgraded to 3.0.10 the other day, and completely missed the fact
that the samba.schema for openldap had to be upgraded as well. I
learnt that this was the case when passwords could no longer be
changed...

Searching the web revealed that the only thing to do was to "copy over
samba.schema" and everything would be fine. So I backed up the
previous copy of samba.schema, copied the new version over (and I see
it contains the definition for sambaPasswordHistory, which is what I
need) and then restarted openldap.

When I browse the directory, however, I don't see the that the changes
appear to have taken hold. Nor can I edit a user entry directly to add
the attribute. Do I need to perform some sort of compilation on the
schemas before restarting openldap?

Thanks for the pointers,
David