[Samba] preexec

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Jan 17 14:40:20 GMT 2005

> when i use it with samba (with the root preexec option) the user cant
> connect to the server even
> he's not already connected

Unless my understanding of how the preexec works, that connects as the
user and then simply execs the script as root.  What that would mean for
your setup is that you always have a session open by the user when you
come looking, and then proceed to close that connection thereby
disconnecting the user.

I'm curious as the the expected goal of this script, perhaps you could
expand upon that?

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322