[Samba] Problems on HP-UX 11i with 'user add script'

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri Jan 14 21:26:57 GMT 2005

The thing is, I do not want this behavior. I want to have a setup where
the user only necessarily exists in one location (ie., DOMA\freddy does
not exist in DOMB... but I want him to be able to log into machines that
live in DOMB). The problem I'm seeing is that Samba is often unable to
create the placeholder account for DOMA\freddy in DOMB -- the "script"
exits with status 1, for no reason that I can see (I will turn up debug
higher).

Does Winbindd belong in this situation or no?

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - User Support Spec. III
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630