[Samba] samba3+ADS

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jan 14 02:47:56 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 04:10 +0530,
subramanian.ponnusamy at iflexsolutions.com wrote:
> Hi ,
>

> I'm using RH9, and I have compiled samba 3.0.1 compiled from sources,
> with the following options:
>
> ./configure --with-winbind --with-winbind-auth-challenge --with-pam \

--with-winbind-auth-challenge no longer exists in Samba 3.0, it was a
Samba 2.2 only option, for squid sites.

> --with-acl-support --with-ldapsam --with-pam_smbpass \
> --with-ads --with-ldap --with-dce-dfs --with-smbwrapper --enable-pam

Do you really need --with-dce-dfs?

>  net ads join -S server.domain.com -U support
>  worked fine.
>

> I started winbindd. 'wbinfo -u' & 'wbinfo -g' can get all users & groups
> from domain.
>
> But the command 'getent passwd' could only show local accounts, without
> any
> domain mapped accounts inside.

 dns_lookup_realm = false

I would set that to true, and ensure that your internal DNS is all
correct.  It's better not to have things in your krb5.conf, and have teh
DNS lookups handle it - it tends to be more reliable once it's going.

Andrew Bartlett